By Jonathan Lee,Fumitaka Matsuoka,Edmond Yee,Ronald Nakasone
A source excellent for college kids in addition to common readers, this two-volume encyclopedia examines the range of the Asian American and Pacific Islander non secular experience.
• Covers either universal motifs in Asian American spiritual tradition, equivalent to chinese language New yr gala's and mortuary rituals, in addition to many newly tested religion traditions
• includes entries on hardly addressed themes inside Asian American faith, resembling Hezhen Shamanism
Read Online or Download Asian American Religious Cultures [2 volumes] PDF
Similar religious studies books
Wendell Berry's poetry, fiction, and essays repeatedly ask the query: How will we stay significant lives in a consumerdriven, fragmented age? His sincere look for future health in the middle of disorder has garnered recognition and dialogue in either conservative and innovative circles. Wendell Berry and the Cultivation of existence completely examines Berry's major issues of neighborhood, position, and conservation.
The persecution of the Huguenots in France, via the revocation of the Edict of Nantes in 1685, unleashed one of many biggest migration waves of early sleek Europe. targeting the destiny of French Protestants who fled to the Dutch Republic, Experiencing Exile examines how Huguenot refugees handled the complicated realities of residing as strangers out of the country, and the way they seized upon faith and tales in their personal prior to convenience them in exile.
Das challenge des Gedächtnisses, Erinnerns und Vergessens ist ein nicht eigens benannter Bestandteil vieler soziologischer Theorien. Erst seit wenigen Jahren beginnen Soziologinnen und Soziologen damit, Fragen der gesellschaftlichen Bewahrung, Routinisierung oder Tradierung des Wissens und damit des Strukturerhalts auch unter Verwendung dieser Begriffe nachzugehen.
An eye-opening account of the way and why evangelical Christian ministries are flourishing in prisons around the United StatesIt is via now popular that the U.S.’ incarceration price is the top on the planet. what's now not greatly understood is how cash-strapped and overcrowded nation and federal prisons are more and more counting on non secular corporations to supply academic and psychological future health providers and to aid hold order.
- Restructuring Catholic School Governance for a New Age: Creativity Meets Canon Law
- A Call to Holiness
- Roger Sherman and the Creation of the American Republic
- Sacred Subdivisions: The Postsuburban Transformation of American Evangelicalism
- Beyond Paradise: Technology and the Kingdom of God
Additional resources for Asian American Religious Cultures [2 volumes]
Asian American Religious Cultures [2 volumes] by Jonathan Lee,Fumitaka Matsuoka,Edmond Yee,Ronald Nakasone