By Barbara K. Gold
- Contributors signify various confirmed names and more youthful students, all of whom are revered specialists of their fields
- Contains unique, by no means ahead of released essays, that are either available to a large viewers and provide a brand new method of the affection elegists and their work
- Includes 33 essays at the Roman elegists Catullus, Tibullus, Propertius, Sulpicia, and Ovid, in addition to their Greek and Roman predecessors and later writers who have been motivated by means of their work
- Recent years have obvious an explosion of curiosity in Roman elegy from students who've used numerous serious techniques to open up new avenues of understanding
Read Online or Download A Companion to Roman Love Elegy (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Fourteenth-century writer, poet, and civil servant Geoffrey Chaucer is healthier recognized for "The Canterbury Tales," his significant literary fulfillment. "The Canterbury stories" is a suite of news as advised by way of fictional pilgrims on their technique to the cathedral at Canterbury. The paintings is striking for its use of the English vernacular and its practical characters.
Bringing jointly students from the world over, Haruo Shirane provides a desirable portrait of the story of Genji's reception and copy during the last thousand years. The essays research the canonization of the paintings from the past due Heian in the course of the medieval, Edo, Meiji, Taisho, Showa, and Heisei classes, revealing its profound impression on a number of genres and fields, together with smooth country construction.
This ebook explores the position of tune within the a few feature-length motion pictures at the center a long time produced among the overdue Nineties and the current day. Haines makes a speciality of the strain in those motion pictures among the surviving proof for medieval track and the idiomatic culture of cinematic track. The latter is taken greatly as any musical sound happening in a movie, from the clang of a bell off-screen to a minstrel making a song his tune.
First released in 2000. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- Christian, Saracen and Genre in Medieval French Literature: Imagination and Cultural Interaction in the French Middle Ages (Studies in Medieval History and Culture)
- Biblical Paradigms in Medieval English Literature: From Cædmon to Malory (Routledge Studies in Medieval Literature and Culture)
- Medieval English Literature (New Casebooks)
- Motherhood and the Other: Fashioning Female Power in Flavian Epic (Oxford Studies in Classical Literature and Gender Theory)
Extra resources for A Companion to Roman Love Elegy (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Roman Love Elegy (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Barbara K. Gold